As a City Volunteer in Canada you will make a difference where it really matters
The City Volunteer Canada program provides hands-on work experience with a registered Canadian charity in Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal. An easy work permit process and dynamic international program make this a popular program choice!
What is the City Volunteer Program?
City Volunteer in Canada Program is a social and educational experience in Canada. Young adults can gain valuable unpaid volunteer work experience with a registered charitable organization in Canada.
Why should I be a city volunteer in Canada?
- Work experience in Canada
- Working with others passionate about the same issue
- Meet Canadian and international volunteers
- Make a difference in someone’s life through volunteer work
- Volunteer placements that can meet university requirements
- Guaranteed volunteer placement 4 – 6 weeks before your departure to Canada
- Excellent alternative to IEC work permits
- Work permit application upon arrival
- City Volunteer is ideal for passionate participants that require international experience for their studies
What is it like to take part in this program?
The City Volunteer Canada Program provides guaranteed placements with registered charities. Charity organizations support causes such as community & social service, wildlife preservation and environmental conservation. Thus, volunteers work on projects in fields like:
- Multicultural organizations
- Environmental causes
- Marketing & PR
- Urban animal care and more
The City Volunteer program provides structured and full-time volunteer work. Above all, you will contribute to the community while also building your skills set and improving your English or French skills.
Working with a charitable organization requires passion, professionalism and adaptability. So this program is designed to give valuable experience to people that are eager to learn and experience life in Canada. Volunteer placements combine hands-on and administrative work. Because of this, volunteers get a comprehensive work experience.
Most noteworthy is that this program can meet academic requirements for students in a variety of fields. Be sure to send us your university internship requirements and you will receive an internship placement before your departure to Canada.
In contrast to other student internship programs that require IEC work permits, the City Volunteer Program only requires a volunteer work permit. The permit is easily obtained at the airport upon arrival to Canada. An excellent alternative if you didn’t get the IEC permit!
What are the requirements for City Volunteer Program?
- Age: 18 or above (no upper age limit)
- Are motivated and passionate
- High intermediate level of English or French
- Willing to commit at least 20 hours per week
- Able to financially support yourself during your stay
In contrast to the IEC permit, the C50 permit is available now at the airport upon your arrival to Canada. Volunteers receive the necessary documents to support the application for the C50 Work Permit. Therefore no uncertainty, waiting periods or long application process.
What are my placement options?
City Volunteer program offers wide range of placements options:
- Charity Marketing & Public Relations
- Health & Wellness
- Community Centres & Museums
- Educational Support
- Environmental Organizations
- Fundraising and Charity Finances
- Seniors Services
- Multicultural Organizations
- International Causes
- Indigenous Organizations
- Social Services
- Special Events
- Urban Animal Care
- Urban Environment & Parks
- Youth Services
How to apply for the City Volunteer Program?
Apply for this program at any time. The program is available year-round and your placement will be confirmed within 4 weeks. For more information regarding the City Volunteer Program fees, please Contact us.
The program fee includes:
- Customized internship planning,
- CV revision,
- Internship placement,
- Support and reporting during the program
- A letter of reference.
Latitude International also provides services including accommodation placement, airport reception, medical insurance and more. We are here to help and advise you. So don’t hesitate to ask us your questions!
“My volunteering is definitely off to a good start, all the people I met today were super nice and I think I’m going to like the work, too! I’m also settled in with my host family and I think I hit the jackpot with them because they are truly super welcoming.” – Borbala, Hungary