Work and Study Co-op Programs

Work and study in Canada and give yourself a competitive edge in the global workplace. 

Cooperative education programs deliver meaningful learning opportunities and a chance to gain valuable hands-on experience and earn while you study at a designated learning institute in Canada. These programs provide industry certifications recognized by national and international associations in Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Hospitality, Management and more. 

student internship in Canada

International Business Management

Gain an excellent understanding of the essentials of business management. This program prepares students to enter the world of business management and looks at the current global business environment. Read more…

wilderness volunteer

Hospitality Sales & Marketing

Tourism and Hospitality are two of the fastest growing industries, and the largest area of employment. Gain industry knowledge and paid co-op placement through an internationally recognized program. Read more…

Diploma in Customer Service

Get ready for success in workplaces that are driven with customer relationships and step on the pathway to work in organizations like restaurants, hotels, motels, coffee shops and retail store. Read more…

career development canada

Diploma in Business Administration

With this program you will receive a solid foundation in business administration. Prepare yourself for the business world and future studies with case studies, team project and classroom discussions.  Read more…

Certificate in Business Experience

The program allows students to focus on business topics like management, communication, HR, international business, financial management in order to earn a Certificate in Business Experience. Read more…

stipend paid internship in Canada

Social Media Marketing Co-Op

Get an overview of the concept of social media, explore the development, trends and tools that can help you connect with your audience and immerse into various social media platforms. Read more…

What kind of study & work permit do I need for a co-op program in Canada?

Cooperative education includes work experience as part of the curriculum. You will be required to apply for a study permit plus a co-op work permit if work is required to complete your study program in Canada, your school is a designated learning institute, you have a letter from the school that confirms you need to complete a work placement in order to graduate and your co-op placement or internship totals 50% or less of your study program.

You can apply for your co-op work permit at the same time as your study permit. All international students registered in one of these co-op programs will be provided with the necessary documents and instructions to apply for a study permit plus co-op work permit for Canada.

Why Take a Co-op Program in Canada?

Give yourself a competitive edge with international experience
Develop important soft skills
Connect classroom learning with hands-on skills
Earn money to support your living expense and tuition costs
Get work references and build your industry network
Receive support from knowledgeable staff who will guide your work experience

Studying and working in Canada as an international student: can I work in Canada?

There are several options for international students in Canada who wish to work either on- or off-campus while they study in Canada. In all cases a student must hold a valid study permit and should refer to IRCC for details.

You must hold a valid study permit, Social Insurance Number and be a registered student at a post-secondary in Canada.
You must hold a valid study permit that includes a condition that says you can work off-campus, be a registered student at Designated Learning Institute in a program that is at least 6 months long and leads to a degree, diploma or certificate, have a Social Insurance Number.