Top 10 Reasons to Study Abroad
1. Studying abroad is definitely the best way to learn a new language. There is no better and more effective way to learn a language than to be totally immersed in a culture and using the language on a daily basis in real-life settings.
2. Studying abroad will jump-start your career and improve your professional potential. Students that have international education and experience are more competitive in the workplace and often earn a higher salary than those who have not studied or worked abroad.
3. Studying abroad can enhance the value of your degree. Many colleges and universities offer academic credit to students that take a semester abroad.
4. Studying abroad expands your global view and breaks down stereotypes. Experiencing another culture on a daily basis will change your perspective on people and the world.
5. Studying abroad helps you to learn about yourself. Increased self-confidence, independence, self-sufficiency, patience, adaptability, cross-cultural communication skills, and a willingness to take on new challenges are examples of the many personal benefits of studying abroad.
6. Studying abroad will make you new friends from around the world and expand your network.
7. Studying abroad can help you understand your heritage. Many students go abroad to explore the country that their parents or grandparents came from. Doing this will put you in touch with your roots and your family!
8. Studying abroad gives you an opportunity to travel. This is a productive way to travel and learn about a new place. You will be able to take day trips and weekend trips to explore new surroundings, go sightseeing and have new adventures!
9. Studying abroad allows you to try many new foods and learn about culture through food and family life (especially if you live with host family!).
10. Studying abroad is a lot of fun and an experience you will benefit from endlessly and never forget!