A unique hospitality and resort program providing jobs and accommodation allowing you to work and travel in Canada
Give your career a cutting edge and reward yourself with an unforgettable experience by opting for our hospitality and resort job program. This popular working holiday program will give you the experience of a lifetime while you explore, work and travel in Canada.
What is the Hospitality & Resort Job Program in Canada?
The Hospitality & Resort Program is best suited for candidates who are looking to work and travel while exploring Canada. This program is infused adventure, hard work, international staff and good times at some of Canada’s best destinations and world class resort communities.
It is a highly competitive program that will prepare you to grab the most exciting and fruitful jobs in the tourism and hospitality sector while taking in all that Canada has to offer.
Young adults with a valid working holiday permit who are looking to work and travel in Canada should enrolling in this program.
The Hospitality & Resort Job Program can be tailored to the needs of each participant. This work and travel in Canada program takes into consideration your objectives and personality and recommends placement options based on this. Our team will assist you in finding the right hospitality job.
Note: The hospitality and tourism industry is prone to fluctuations in case there are no positions available in the market then the candidates have the option to look for city-based placements and other opportunities.
- Full-service support to allow you to secure the best possible placement opportunity in the hospitality industry.
- Opportunities are primarily in resort communities or in major urban centres.
- Positions are generally in customer service, restaurants, hotels or in hospitality industry support areas.
- Participants can expect to be paid prevailing wage rates for any positions they secure.
- Opportunities are based on prior experience, language, duration of your commitment and start date.
- Program includes industry and country orientation, consultation, placement assistance, and interview training.
What is it like to work and travel in Canada with the Hospitality & Resort Program?
The hospitality and resort job program gives a chance to each participant to gain valuable experience in resort communities or in metropolitan city centres. Placements are usually with hotels, resorts or associating companies in tourism communities or cities.
Positions and location of placement opportunities are based on previous education, experience, level of English, chosen duration, general attitude and what is available at that time. Although, positions are generally in customer service, restaurants, hotels or hospitality support areas.
Participants can expect prevailing wage rates for any position they secure. Through this work and travel in Canada program, we will assist you with all you need in order to secure a job placement. This includes:
- In depth consultation and job placement assistance
- Orientation on living and working in Canada
- Placement specific orientation once you’ve secured the placement
When is the best time of year to start work and travel in Canada?
Positions in tourism locations are generally available twice a year, during Summer and Winter. Due to seasonality, we recommend that you plan your work and travel in Canada experience accordingly, you must apply at least 3 months in advance.
As there are seasonal fluctuations in the tourism sector, in case there are no positions available in resort communities, participants may be referred to city-based hospitality and tourism opportunities.
What is included?
- Job opportunities within 2 weeks of arrival based on your goals and experience
- Accommodation arrangement (may include additional fees)
- Ongoing support including accommodation, visa issues, placement issues, health concerns etc.
- Orientation on how to get the most out of your work and travel in Canada experience
- Program-specific information
- Documentation writing / revision / translation
- Interview techniques
- Arrival package with orientation manual, maps, travel options, discount vouchers etc.
- Access to events arranged for program participants
What are the requirements for this work and travel in Canada program?
In order to participate in this work and travel in Canada program, you should be:
- Available to work full season or longer
- Physically fit
- Must be willing and able to accept back of house positions such as housekeeping or dishwashing
- Between 19 and 30 years of age
- Available for a telephone or Skype interview
- Proficient in English, at least upper intermediate level
- Must have a valid Work Permit
- Able to hold travel insurance
- Must be available to arrive in the time-frame given and commit to the company for at least a full season or longer.
Who is the ideal candidate for the Hospitality & Resort Job Program?
Prospective employers look for candidates that are outgoing, good communicators, that have a positive attitude, flexible and hard-working. The ideal candidate should be able to adapt to a multicultural environment and above all, really wants to ‘be there’.
During the orientation and consultation session, you will receive additional information on what positions are available and how to secure the best placement opportunity for yourself and how to be successful when you start.
What documents do I need to submit for the work and travel in Canada program?
In order to start the application process, each participant should submit:
- A completed application form (will be provided)
- Signed Program policies (will be provided)
- Resume in Word document that fits the Canadian format (we’ll send you the template)
- Cover letter in Word document
- Transcript of your education (related to Hospitality, Tourism, Customer Service, Travel and Leisure Management)
- At least 2 reference from previous employers
- Criminal Record Check – Make sure that you keep a copy for yourself
- Copy of your passport bio page
- 3 photos
- Copy of Driver’s license (if you have one)
- Copy of First Aid or Lifeguard certificate (if you have one)
- Letter of visa approval
What are my placement options in the Hospitality & Resort Job Program?
The candidates who are enrolling in this work and travel in Canada program, will be able to work in the hospitality sector in various types of establishments.
Although the available placement opportunities depend on the labour market, some example host companies include:
- Coffee Shops / Cafes
- Retail Stores
- Cleaning Companies
The interview process involves between 3 and 6 interviews and can take up to 6 weeks. Whilst 4 star hotels usually require 1-year commitment (for back of house minimum 6-9 months) and at least 2 years relevant experience. Generally top hotels and resorts have a lot of competition for positions so your ability to secure a placement within these areas will be limited by your duration, experience, and possibly language abilities. You should always consider your background and the duration and timing of your commitment in the context of what may be available to you during your stay. Our local support team will be able to assist you with providing you with the best choices based on your profile through our consultation process and orientation.
How to apply for this work and travel in Canada program?
This fee includes:
- Job placement opportunity within 2 weeks of arrival (based on interview performance)
- Accommodation assistance and housing contract vetting support
- Access to Homestay services
- Ongoing support concerning all aspects of your stay including accommodation, placement issues, health concerns, visa issues, etc.
- 24 hour emergency number
- Orientation on how to get the most out of your Canadian experience based on your specific
- Placement-specific information concerning restrictions and obligations of the host organization and participant
- Health, safety, and security orientation
- Assistance with opening a bank account, organizing a cell phone, acquiring SIN number, etc.
- Resume and cover letter revision
- Interview techniques “bootcamp”
- Mail holding and forwarding service
- Arrival package: including orientation manual, safety plan, maps, travel/tourism options, etc.
- Numerous events arranged exclusively for program participants with discounted or free
- Access to our low-cost travel desk and discount travel options
- Online social community for participants and in-office internet access